Policies & procedures
1. For all facility rentals, a facility rental agreement must be signed by the renting party as well as University of Illinois officials.
2. Rental Fees include:
- Use of selected event space and Memorial Stadium elevator lobby for designated time
- Set-up of designated tables and chairs
- Set up of dance floor
- Set up of height adjustable carpeted stage
- Set up of designated pipe and drape
- On-site Memorial Stadium event consultant
- Electrical hookups
- Background music and use of a microphone and podium
- Access to televisions for digital signage to include DVD's or Power Point presentations (some spaces only have looping capability)
- Parking for guests
- Custodial service one hour prior to the event, during the event, and one hour after the event
3. Additional fees will be charged to the renting party for the following optional amenities:
- Security Staffing ($15/hour/person)
- Elevator Operators ($15/hour/person)
- Stadium Light Usage ($50/hour)
- Scoreboard Usage
- Catering Charges (coordinated by University Catering)
4. Renting party will be allowed access to the designated event space for a designated time prior to the event. The Program Coordinator - Premium Seating must approve all decorations
5. All alcoholic beverage services and other food and beverage services must be purchased through University Catering. No outside food or beverages are to be brought into Memorial Stadium at any time without expressed consent of the Program Coordinator for Premium Seating.
6. All personnel requirements (excluding optional staffing expressed in the facility rental agreement) to run this event are the responsibility of the renting party and must be submitted in writing to a professional staff member of the Office of Illinois Premium Seating within the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics.
7. The renting party is responsible for the cost of repair or replacement of any property owned by the DIA, or for which the DIA is responsible, which is damaged or destroyed as the result of any action of the renting party, its representatives, agents and volunteers.
a. Licensee certifies that he/she is properly insured in the amount of $1,000,000 combined single limit coverage for any liabilities which might occur in connection with the Event by the Undersigned or anyone assisting Licensee, or any vehicle/equipment being used in connection with the Event. Licensee shall provide a certificate of insurance verifying the minimum limits required.
b. Licensee agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the University of Illinois and the Board of Trustees and their agents, servants and employees against all loss, damage and expense which they may sustain or become liable for on account of injury to or death of persons, or on account of damage to or destruction of property resulting in connection with the Event, its Subcontractors or due to or arising in any manner from the wrongful act or negligence of Licensee or its Subcontractors or any employee of any of them. Licensee is also responsible to pay the minimum deductible for any insurance claims due to damage of property.
c. Insurance coverage may be obtained privately or through a program accessible through the University of Illinois Office of Risk Management. The program is called TULIP (Tenant Users Liability Insurance Plan) and can be found at the following URL: https://tulip.ajgrms.com Enter the “Location Code” of 3899 for Memorail Stadium to go through the process.
9. The DIA shall not be liable for non-performance of a facility rental agreement when such non-performance is attributed to labor disputes; accidents; local/state/federal government regulations or restrictions upon travel and/or transportation; riots; national emergencies; acts of war; acts of God; and other causes whether enumerated herein or not, which are beyond the reasonable control of the DIA.
10. Each individual signing the facility rental agreement represents that he/she is authorized to sign on behalf of their respective entity and that the entity is bound by the terms thereof.
11. A deposit in the amount of 25% of the total room rental fee is due with the receipt of the contract to hold the rental date. This deposit is refundable only if Licensee cancels 30 days prior to the Event. Payment is due in full 10 days prior to the Event. All payments are to be by check made out to the “University of Illinois”.