Atkins Tennis Center /
Atkins Tennis Center Policies
Anyone using the Atkins Tennis Center is required to follow the rules listed below:
- Players using both the indoor and outdoor courts must check in at the front desk before entering the courts.
- Proper court shoes with non-marking soles are required. RUNNING SHOES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE COURT. Any Atkins staff member reserves the right to refuse court usage if a player does not have appropriate court shoes.
- No food or drink shall be taken on court except water in plastic containers.
- Tennis attire is to be worn while on court. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Cursing, yelling, racquet throwing, abuse to court surface, walls, or ceiling will not be tolerated.
- It is University of Illinois policy that all lessons be taught only by the Atkins Tennis Center teaching staff.
- Unsupervised children are not allowed in the Atkins Tennis Center. Children who are not playing tennis are not allowed on the courts. Running, yelling, or other behavior which disturbs players will not be tolerated.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted anywhere on the Atkins Tennis Center property.
- The University of Illinois holds no responsibility for injuries, accidents, or lost or stolen articles.
Leagues, lessons, Permanent Court Time, Random Court Time, and Pro Shop items must be paid for with cash, check, or credit card. A driver’s license number or University of Illinois ID number and a phone number must be present on a check used for payment. Delinquent payments will result in forfeiture of court time.