No two members have identical reasons for joining the I FUND. However, some of the more common reasons include:
- Assisting the University of Illinois in providing a first-class educational experience for more than 500 student-athletes.
- Giving back to an institution that provided a terrific college experience.
- Keeping Fighting Illini athletics strong and competitive as teams' successes have a substantial impact on the local economy.
- Deriving civic pride from knowing that an effective support organization and a successful athletic program enhance the entire collegiate community.
- Claiming satisfaction from knowing their personal support contributes to the success of an outstanding intercollegiate athletic program...think about it: "I FUND".
- A personal concern for Illinois and its image on the local, national, and international level.
- It’s FUN! The social benefits of belonging to the I FUND include meeting new friends, keeping in touch with old friends, teammates, and classmates, and extending a network of successful business contacts and associates.